Alright so Germany just voted and we are welcoming our probably new gay foreign minister. Can anyone teach him english? PLEASE!
Archive for September, 2009
Tonight: CONTEMPORARY SCOTTISH ARTIST DAVID SHRIGLEY COLLABORATES FOR AN EXCLUSIVE PROJECT WITH PRINGLE OF SCOTLANDThursday, September 10th, 2009
1. Where do you get your inspiration for your work?
2. Please describe your work in 6 words.
What I do when I’m awake.
3. What are your first thoughts when you hear about PRINGLE of Scotland?
Scottish sweaters worn by golfers.
4. How did the collaboration with PRINGLE occur?
Pringle wanted a Scottish artist and I am the Scottish artist they chose. I was hoping to get a free sweater so I agreed.
5. TWIN-Set, Argyle Pattern and David Shrigley how does it fit?
It fits very comfortably. Not too tight, not too loose.
6. What are your impressions of Scotland, the homeland of David Shrigley and Pringle of Scotland
Scotland has beautiful scenery, interesting cities and it rains a lot.
7. What does heritage mean to you?
Heritage is society’s baggage (if you’re being cynical).
8. What do you know about the fashion-world?
Everything I know I learned from watching Ugly Betty
9. Why is drawing your preferred medium?
Because it’s the easiest way for me to express myself.
Pl Please describe the work process with PRINGLE? What about the exchange of ideas?
They said “do some drawings about twin sets” and I said “What’s a twin set” and they told me and I did some drawings about twin sets.
Last but not least: Presentation tonight 18:00 – 00:00 @ Andreas Murkudis Münzstr. 21 (this is the reward for scrolling down all the way
Quite an interesting day with lots of shows and free coffee pretty much anywhere for everyone. I haven`t seen that many flatscreens, coffee mashines, washing machines as well as computers in one place. All pretty flat. Following some impressions. Above you can see the pretty amazing Samsung dome.
Pretty amazing soccer tricks going on at Sony to test out their latest cameras.
German Star Cooks from “Die Kochprofis” cooking live!
IFA is going on till this wednesday (september 4th – september 9th) – feel free to come by for some free coffe!